One for August… What do August and the Kentucky Derby have in common? Cold whiskey cocktails and big sun hats. Get yours on and indulge with this simple four-ingredient refreshment.
• 1/2 Lemon, cut into wedges
• 4 Mint leaves
• 3⁄4 oz Simple syrup
• 2 oz Bourbon
Garnish: 1 Mint sprig
1. In a shaker, muddle the lemon.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice.
3. Shake, and double-strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice or one large ice chunk.
4. Slap a mint sprig between your hands and use as garnish.
5. Serve with a straw.