WheatGrass and Fresh ginger Shot…
The perfect health boost for summer…
Ingredients for approx. 10 shots
• Fresh Wheatgrass 4 punnets
• Fresh Ginger (peeled) 60 g
• Orange or Apple juice 600ml • Fresh passion fruit 2 each
• Dice the fresh Ginger roughly
• Cut the Wheatgrass and place it in a high speed blender (such as Nutri bullet)
• Add the fresh Ginger to the Wheatgrass and add 200ml of Apple or Orange juice, depending on your taste.
• Blitz until the grass is completely broken down and pass the juice through a sieve.
• Add the rest of the juice to the mix, you could drink this straight away of freeze it into small cubes for commodity.
• If frozen, place the Wheatgrass cubes into a glass, add some fresh passion fruit of top and serve.
What is Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is a food prepared from the cotyledons of the common wheat plant, Triticum aestivum (subspecies of the family Poaceae). It is sold either as a juice or powder concentrate.
Wheatgrass differs from wheat malt in that it is served freeze-dried or fresh, while wheat malt is convectively dried.
Wheatgrass is allowed to grow longer than malt. Like most plants, it contains chlorophyll, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and enzymes.
The health benefits of wheatgrass range from providing supplemental nutrition to having unique curative properties
Where to buy it?
You can ask your fruit and vegetable supplier to get it for you or you can find various online shop who would deliver in the UK, just like this one www.wheatgrass-uk.com.