Valentine’s Superfood Truffles
These little chocolate nuggets are supercharged with chlorella to energise the body.
Makes: 16 truffles
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 4 hours
- 115g cashew nut butter or tahini
- 60g maple syrup
- 2tbsp cacao powder
- 60g melted dark chocolate
- 60g dried cranberries or cherries
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp Sun Chlorella powder
- 30g shelled hemp seeds
- Place the cashew nut butter, maple syrup, cacao powder and melted chocolate in a food processor and combine. Add the remaining ingredients and process to form a dough. Chill in the fridge for several hours until firm enough to roll into balls.
- When the mixture is firm use a spoon to scoop out walnut size balls. Roll into balls and place on a sheet of baking parchment. Roll the truffles in a little shredded coconut or dust with cacao powder.
Credit – Christine Bailey, MSc PGCE MBANT CNHC
For more information on Christine please visit www.christinebailey.co.uk, where you’ll find information on her books, including Go Lean Vegan, The Gut Health Diet, The Brain Boost Diet and My Kids Can’t Eat That! – a friendly, no-nonsense guide to everything you’ll need to take a functional, holistic approach to food allergies or intolerances in your child, including 60 delicious, family-friendly allergen-free recipes.