Treat your Halloween party guests…
With Halloween just round the corner, it’s time to start planning your spooky Halloween party feast. Halloween in the UK is now just as popular as in the USA and that’s why this American-style peanut butter is the perfect ingredient to give your party a real American feel. With a US heritage that spans more than 80 years, SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is made from sweet American peanuts with a finer grind which just melts in the mouth.
Why not try these three terrifyingly easy to make Halloween party recipes. Perfect to make with the little ones, these Peanut Butter Toffee Bars, Jellyfish Sandwiches and Peanut Butter Fudge are guaranteed to cast a spell over true peanut butter fans.
Not only frighteningly delicious, SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is packed with protein ensuring the whole family is fuelled up and satisfied throughout the Halloween party.
Conjure up these petrifyingly palatable Peanut Butter Toffee Bars, Jellyfish Sandwiches and Peanut Butter Fudge and you are guaranteed to treat and not trick your ghoulish guests:
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Toffee Bars (Serves 24)
250g SKIPPY® Super Crunch Peanut Butter Spread
150g light brown sugar
100g granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
250g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
350g chocolate chips, divided
150g mini toffee or butterscotch pieces
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease a 33 x 23 x 5 cm Swiss roll tin.
- In a large bowl, beat together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, flour and salt. Stir in half the chocolate chips. Spread evenly into tin.
- Bake bars 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack; immediately sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Evenly spread melted chocolate; sprinkle with mini toffee or butterscotch pieces.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars to serve.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Jellyfish Sandwich (Serves 1)
2 slices whole-grain bread, cut into 10cm rounds
3 tablespoons SKIPPY® Smooth Peanut Butter
Strawberries and blueberries, if desired
- Spread one side of one bread round evenly with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Cover with remaining bread round.
- Cut off one-third of sandwich to resemble jellyfish shape.
- Place on plate.
- Use remaining peanut butter to decorate plate with “tentacles”.
Use strawberries and blueberries to decorate as desired.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Fudge (Serves 12)
125 ml whole milk
375g SKIPPY® Smooth Peanut Butter
200g marshmallow fluff
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
- In medium non-stick saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to medium-low, stirring constantly 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and remaining ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 20 x 20 x 5 cm cake tin.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into 6cm squares.
For more information and recipes visit www.peanutbutter.uk.com