The May Day…
Rum is such an evocative spirit. It transforms, transcends and instantly transports the drinker to the sun-washed shores of the West Indies.
This one is an interesting blend of fresh fruit flavours with a rum and apple juice base, perfect for sunny days in the garden or evenings on the terrace. The recipe makes two highball drinks.
• 2 ripe peaches, pitted roughly chopped
• 1 part rum
• 4 strawberries, cubed
• flesh and seeds of 2 passion fruit
• 4 ounces cloudy apple juice
• 1 Tablespoon superfine sugar
• 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• Apple fans for garnish
1. Blend all the ingredients together with crushed ice.
2. Pour the mix equally into two highball glasses.
3. Garnish with an apple fan.
Recipe Courtesy: Metro Marche