Pommes de Terre Boulangère
Potatoes Baker’s Style…
Cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
• 4 tbsp. Butter
• 2 large Onions, chopped
• 2 lbs. Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp. Herbes de Provence or Italian Seasoning
• 2 cups Beef Broth, heated (Canned or made with bouillon cubes)
• Salt and Pepper, to taste.
• Heat oven to 425 degrees, then heat 2 tbsp. of butter in a pan, add onions and gently cook for 5-10 minutes.
Note: (DO NOT BROWN) Butter a casserole dish.
• Layer the raw, sliced potatoes, cooked onions, herbes de Provence (or Italian seasoning), and salt and pepper.
• Pour the beef broth over the dish.
• The broth should cover the potatoes up to 2/3 of the dish.
• Dot with remaining butter.
• Cook uncovered for 50-60 minutes in the oven. The potatoes are cooked when a knife can be inserted easily and almost all the liquid is absorbed.
Note: A variation of this recipe is to sprinkle a cup of shredded Swiss Cheese over the potatoes for the last 20 minutes of cooking time.