This simple, elegant drink is festive and delicious with non-alcoholic champagne, sparkling wine or cider.
• 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
• 1/2 cup all-natural blueberry jam
• 1 bottle of champagne or sparkling cider, chilled
• Fresh blueberries for garnish, optional
1. Heat the pomegranate juice in a small saucepan until hot but not boiling. Add the jam and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and transfer to a fine mesh strainer set over a pitcher. Using a rubber spatula or spoon, press the mixture to extract the liquid, leaving any solids or seeds behind; let syrup stand until completely cooled. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To serve, pour two to three teaspoons of the syrup into champagne flutes and top with champagne or sparkling cider. Float a few blueberries in each drink for garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.