Poached clementines, with black cardamom cream and biscuit crumble…
Ingredients for the clementines
• Fresh clementine 4 each
• Water 600ml
• Caster sugar 250gr
• Green cardamom 6 pods
• Rosemary 1 spring
• Bay leaf 1 leaf
• Saffron strand 1 gr
Ingredients for the cream
• Ground black Cardamom 2gr
• Double cream 150ml
• Clementine syrup 50ml
• Bring a hot pan of water to boil and plunge the clementines in for about 1 minute, refresh in icy water straight away and repeat the process 3 times.
• In a heavy saucepan, dissolve the sugar with the water. Add the spring of rosemary with the saffron, bay leaves and cardamom. Bring to boil for and leave to reduce for 5 minutes.
• Add the clementines to the hot syrup and bring back to simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes, take off the pan from the heat and cover with a tin foil immediately.
• Leave the clementine to cool down in the syrup overnight. To infuse overnight.
• Cut the clementine into two, remove half clementine from their cups, fill the cup with Cardamom cream and serve with biscuit crumbles.
• To make the cream, reduce to thick syrup the clementine cooking liquid.
• Whip up the double cream with the ground cardamom and add slowly the syrup.
• Fill up the clementine cups.
For the crumble simply blend together the biscuit with some crushed black cardamom and caster sugar, garnish with cherry griottine.