Nourish Ice Cream
Recipe from Jane Clarke, dietician and founder of Nourish Drinks
Nourish Drinks are made with milk and cream, so they can be turned into delicious ice cream, too. Simply churn the Nourish Drinks and transform them into a delicious, simple ice cream, or add fresh fruit, such as extra raspberries to Nourish Raspberry, or a small shot of espresso coffee to Nourish Vanilla, for extra flavour.
Prep time: Around 2 hours, if using an ice-cream maker. Around 6 hours if making by hand
2 bottles of Nourish Vanilla, Raspberry, Chocolate or Mango Drink
Handful extra fruit, a shot of espresso coffee, or another flavour of your choice
Using an ice cream maker
- Shake the drinks, then pour into an ice cream maker.
- Add additional ingredients, if using.
- Churn until frozen, then either enjoy immediately for a soft-scoop ice cream or transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze until needed.
To make by hand
- Shake the drinks, then pour into a freezer-proof container and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Take the ice-cream mixture out of the freezer and stir well with a fork to break up the forming ice crystals.
- Freeze for another 1 to 2 hours, until the mixture starts for form ice crystals around the edges.
- Take the ice-cream mixture out of the freezer, stir well with a fork, freeze for another 2 hours, then stir once more.
- Return the ice cream to the freezer and freeze until needed.