Nail a smokey eye look…
What makes a smokey eye? Effectively, it’s a blended or diffused eyeshadow rather than one block colour. You can use one shade and smoke it out at the edges, but usually, you’ll build up layers with different shades and textures.
How to create a classic smokey eye
- Start by applying a mid-tone shadow all over the lid. Opt for greys, browns or heathers to create a subtle smokey base.
- Apply a liner along the lash line, making sure you’re coating and depositing colour between the lashes to instantly pop the eye. Opt for a gel or glide-on formula like Delilah’s Gel Line for easy application.
- Layer a dark tone shadow or smoke over the liner, blending halfway up the lid and into the lid shadow. Apply along the lower lash line by softly pressing the brush on to the root of the lower lashes. Then smudge out with fingers for a smokier finish.
- Add those all-important final touches with a mascara, like Delilah’s Intense Mascara, layering 3-4 coats for a full lash effect.
- Finally, you can add a sparkle shadow with your finger to give it that real luxe finish. It’s great for smoothing out the lid and giving that blend through the crease of the eye.
- The key is to always keep the darkest point at the lash line. It keeps the makeup really modern and fresh, and ensures you are drawing more attention to the eye vs. the makeup.
- Keep it simple! Stick to no more than 3 shadows and a liner to pop your eyes.
- Blend is your friend. Brushes are super important to get that blend. When it comes to a smokey eye, it doesn’t matter how dark you go, or what colours you use, it’s how well you can blend the liner and shadow. That’s what gives it that sultry look.
Star products for smokey eyes from Delilah…
Colour intense Eyeshadow Pallet
A collection of nine cool shades of slate greys, shimmering pewters and matte mink pinks, presented in a beautifully crafted, rose gold compact and wrapped in a protective velvet pouch. Expertly edited, the Colour Intense Eyeshadow Palette is your one-stop wardrobe for show stopping eyeshadows. Create low-key looks or build to dramatic intensity, each shadow is formulated with micro pigments for lasting wear, intense colour pay off that blend seamlessly for a professional finish.
Smokey Eye Collection
The Smokey Eye Collection combines our award winning Gel Line Ebony with our best selling Intense Mascara, together with the perfect Eye Definer brush this stunning collection will take your look from day to night instantly.
HOW TO USE
Use Delilah eye shadow brush to blend shimmering mid-tones to the middle of the eye lids, choose deeper smokier tones for the outside corners and to line the eye, finally finish with lightest tones to highlight the brow bone.
Gel line has a soft texture that is easy to apply and produces a deeply intense colour on application. This beautiful pot of magic, lines the eyes and brows with a vibrant, deep and precise lines, both water-proof and smudge-resistant.
Intense has a slim brush, to help load mascara right to the root of the lash and catch even the finest hair. The unique buildable formulation has a blend of waxes providing soft, flexible and comfortable wear that can easily be added throughout the day, while jojoba extract helps to nourish and strengthen lashes from the inside out. The result is voluminous, soft, separated lashes that are totally clump and flake free.
Eye Definer Brush
This flat, domed brush has been created for precision and bendable application.
Angled Liner Brush
HOW TO USE
Dip the Small Liner Brush into Gel Eye Liner, then pull the lid outwards to create to tension. Work the brush into the roots of the lashes and trace along the lash line in one fluid smooth movement.
Check out Delilah’s helpful video here…