Le gateaux “Roule” with chocolate spread, dates and pecan nuts…
Ingredients for the biscuit
• Eggs 6 each
• Flour 75 gr
• Caster sugar 150 gr
• Almond Essence 1 tsp
Ingredients for the filling
• Nutella chocolate spread 150g
• Pitted dates 80 g
• Salted butter 60 g
• Double cream 40 g
• Pecan nuts 60 g
Method for the biscuit
• Separate the whites from the yolks.
• Sift the flour.
• Preheat oven to 180 ° C (gas mark 6).
• In a bowl, whisk firmly 6 egg yolks and 3 whites with half the sugar until pale and mousse mixture.
• Whipping the last three whites gradually incorporating the remaining sugar while beating with an electric mixer or by hand.
• Incorporate to the yellow mix gently by pulling the preparation with a spatula.
• Add the sifted flour by pouring it like rain.
• Pour the mix on a buttered baking sheet (or Flexipat) and bake for about 10 minutes.
• Dampen a clean cloth and lay a baking paper on top, pour some caster sugar on top, and right out of the oven, place the biscuit on top.
• Roll the biscuit immediately. Once cold, cover the biscuit chocolate spread mix and chopped Dates. Roll again and allow to cool.
Method for the filling
• Melt all ingredients in a bowl above a Bain Marie except the dates, cool slightly and spread onto the biscuit.
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For information