La soupe a l’oignon
French onion soup
To serve 4/5
• Large onions 6 each
• Unsalted butter 50g
• Plain flour 1 tbsp.
• Brown chicken stock 1 lit
• Baguette bread 1 each
• Gruyere cheese 150g
• Chive 1 bunch
• Scarlet cress 1 punet
• Salt and pepper
• Slice the onions finely.
• Using a heavy pan, cook the onions on a medium heat in butter until golden brown.
• Bring the chicken stock to simmer in a saucepan and leave aside.
• Add the flour to the onions and stir for about
• Add the brown chicken stock to the onion mix and cook covered for 25 minutes.
• While the soup is cooking, slice the bread baguette and dispose the slices on a baking tray.
• Toast the bread both sides until the hot oven grill (or use a toaster)
• Grate the Gruyere cheese and arrange on top of the toasted slices of baguette bread.
• Once the soup is cooked, season with the salt and pepper and pour into bowl.
• Melt the cheese under the grill and serve the hot bread with some chive and scarlet cress.