How To Style Your Bed Like a Designer
To celebrate National Bed Month, luxury online bedding brand DUSK are searching for the UK’s Best Dressed Bed! They are on a mission to find the most stylish bed in the country.
Here’s how you can be in with the chance of being crowned the UK’s Best Dressed Bed and win 1 of 4 £250 vouchers to spend online at DUSK.com.
- Take a photo of your beautifully dressed bed and upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #DUSKBestDressedBed.
- Alternatively, head to the DUSK Facebook page and upload your photo to the comments of the competition post with the hashtag #DUSKBestDressedBed.
- Competition closes at 9am on 31.3.22.
DUSK are the experts when it comes to affordable luxury bed linen and creating an at home designer bed experience for less. With 1,300 people searching for “how to dress a bed” every month, the DUSK team have revealed their secrets to creating a designer-inspired bed in your own home.
3 Simple Steps To Creating That Designer Bed Look
1. Start with the foundations of your bed – while the pillows and duvet may not be the first things that come to mind with a designer-inspired bed, ensuring they are lofty and plump will help to create that boutique-hotel finish. Pillows stacked in front of each other will also add to that luxury feel.
2. Invest in high quality bedding – everything from fitted sheets to duvet covers will impact the overall look and feel of your bed. White bed linen is a great choice for creating a blank canvas for colourful cushions and throws, it will also help to make your bedroom feel light and airy.
3. Layering is everything – cushions and throws add colour, texture and personality to your bed. Go bold with a rich navy blue or more sophisticated with muted neutrals. Layering a selection of different textured cushions in front of your pillows can emulate the way a designer would dress a bed. Alternatively, style larger cushions behind your pillows to instantly achieve a designer bed look.
Head of Design at DUSK, Farah Arshad shares her expert tips,
“There are so many wonderful ways to style a bed so that it looks straight out of a magazine. It’s important to get the foundations of your bed right first with high quality bedding and bed linen, but the real secret to getting that beautiful designer look is mastering the art of layering.
Cushions and throws are the perfect choice for emulating the way designers style beds. Simply make an elegant arrangement with decorative cushions that complement your bedroom interior. A top tip is to mix and match different sizes and textures for a cosy and inviting finish. Drape a throw over the bottom corner of your bed for a more laid-back feel or opt for a beautiful bedspread for a more hotel-inspired look.
The little touches that truly make your bed feel special include folding your duvet back to create more plumpness and layering two or three pillows per side at the head of your bed.”
Step-by-Step Guide To Dressing Your Bed
- Choose a mattress and mattress topper that will bring you the most comfort.
- Cover your mattress with a fitted sheet
- Add your duvet, folding it back slightly at the top for a hotel-inspired finish
- Stack 2 plush pillows (per side) cocooned in pillowcases at the head of your bed
- Drape a throw or bedspread over the end of your bed
- Finish off the designer bed look with an array of cushions in complementing colours and textures