How to Make Ultra Low Calorie Diets Work for You
For individuals who’ve tried an ultra low calorie diet in the past, the idea of reducing calories on a daily basis probably fills you with dread. But, while you may have had bad experiences in the past, research has shown that these diets can actually improve your overall health and they can help you to lose weight. If you want to know how a very low calorie diet works, then keep reading below.
How to Tell if You Need to Lose Weight
If you’re not sure whether you need to lose weight or not, then the first step is to calculate your BMI. Calculating your BMI is a brilliant starting point as it allows you to work out whether you’re an appropriate weight for your height.
Its a good idea to measure your waist circumference as the shape of your body also plays an important role in your overall health. Research has shown that carrying excess weight around your waist can actually increase your risk of suffering from certain medical conditions, even if your BMI is within a healthy range.
What is an Ultra-Low Calorie Diet?
An ultra-low calorie diet is a rapid weight-loss program that restricts your daily intake of calories. They are often used to help people achieve significant weight loss in a short period of time. They were first created in the 1970s for patients who had a BMI of 30 or above, but weren’t originally recommended for people with lower BMIs.
However, this has now changed. Evidence has shown that an ultra-low calorie diet like the plan provided by Shake That Weight can actually help people with lower BMIs to lose weight and improve their overall health. Shake That Weight explain how a very low calorie diet works, and they almost certainly have a diet plan that is perfect for you, whether you have 1 or 10 stone to lose.
How to Make an Ultra-Low Calorie Diet Work for You
Lots of people worry about starting an ultra-low calorie diet because of their past experiences, but they’re often not as bad as you’d expect. Here are some of our tips and tricks to make an ultra-low calorie diet work for you:
- Ask family and friends for support – you don’t need to tell everyone about your choice of diet program. Instead, only tell your close family and friends. They will help support you through the process.
- Gradually reduce your intake of calories – this will help reduce the severity of any withdrawal symptoms you experience.
- Understand the diet – do some research into the different diets available and choose one that suits you.
- Drink enough water – this not only suppresses hunger, but it can also improve bowel, liver and kidney function.
- Throw old clothes away – throw away any old clothes that are too large for you. Putting them away just in case you gain weight in the future sends the wrong sort of message to your subconscious.
- Be realistic with exercise – don’t overdo things. Start off with some simple exercises and slowly increase the intensity over a period of time.
- Plan meals – this will help prevent you from returning to old eating habits.
Maintaining a healthy weight is important for good health. Being overweight is linked to a number of health problems, including coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Research has shown that ultra-low calorie diets can help you to lose weight and improve your overall health. Why not find one that suits you today?