Halloween Horror – Pumpkin Martini
The name “Halloween” is a shorter form for the Gaelic name All-hallows-evening.
Originally called Samhain, it was a time when they believed the division between the worlds of the living and the dead became very thin and when ghosts and spirits were free to wander as they wished… So here is a ghoulish classic, to kick start your Halloween…
• 60ml pumpkin infused vodka
How to make this…
•Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
•Put the pumpkin on a silicone mat lined baking sheet and bake until just tender, about 20 minutes. Remove the pumpkin from the oven and set aside to cool.
•Pour the vodka into a bottle or large glass container. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon stick, vanilla beans and ginger.
• Splash of Cointreau
1. Chill a martini glass with ice.
2. Take 60ml pumpkin infused vodka and add to a cocktail shaker. NOTE: This part may need to be done in advance! Directions on how to make the infused vodka are in the ingriedients section to the right.
3. Add a splash of Cointreau then add ice.
4. Throw away the ice from the chilled glass. Take the cocktail mixture and after a good shake, strain into the glass.
5. Dust with some cinnamon to finish!