Guylian CHOCOLATE PARFAIT JARS
Guylian has created a delicious, sweet dessert recipe to make at home for Valentine’s Day beautifully finished with Guylian Belgian Chocolate. Guylian’s Chocolate Parfait Cups make for the perfect treat for celebrating Valentine’s Day with social bubbles or even for dropping off on the doorstep of chocolate loving friends and family.
Created in partnership with the talented Sandhya of @sandhyaskitchen, Guylian’s Chocolate Parfait Cups are part of a collection of delicious recipes available to download from: https://www.guylian.com/guylian-festive-finishing-touches/
CHOCOLATE PARFAIT JARS by @sandhyaskitchen
Easy & delicious chocolate mousse parfaits, perfect for sharing with your loved ones. This decadent dessert is made with layers of biscuit filling, light airy chocolate mousse, and topped with whipped cream, edible gold dust & Guylian Sea Shells for a finishing touch.
Prep Time – 30 minutes Serves 4
For the base
- 125g digestive biscuits
- 50g melted butter
For the chocolate Mousse
- 200ml cream
- 225g dark chocolate
- 25g unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 25g caster sugar
For the Toppings
- Whipped cream
- Guylian Sea Shells or Sea Horses, to decorate
- Edible gold dust, to decorate (optional)
Chocolate Mousse filling
- Place the double cream in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment fitted. Whisk until the cream resembles a stiff peak. Cover and chill the cream until you proceed with the remaining steps.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in bursts of 30 seconds each, stirring in between until it is smooth. Set it aside to cool a bit.
- In the meantime, place the egg white and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment fitted and whisk until you have a firm peak.
- Fold the egg yolk into the double cream with a silicone spatula, until combined.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and butter to the double cream mixture and fold it through.
- Now add 1/3 of the beaten egg to the mixture and fold until incorporated. Add the remaining beaten egg in 2 steps and fold until well incorporated.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a plastic zipper bag and seal it. Crush them with a rolling pin and transfer the crumbs to a small bowl. Pour over the melted butter and mix through.
- Divide the biscuit filling between 4 jars. Press it with the back of the spoon.
- Spoon or pipe the chocolate mousse filling into the jars.
- Allow it to set for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Just before serving, pipe whipped cream, dust with edible gold dust (if using any) and decorate with Guylian Sea Shells or Guylian Sea Horses for a final finishing touch.