Grilled marinated butterfly quail…
Ingredients for 4 people
• Fresh Boneless quail 4 each
• Plain yoghurt 100g
• Olive oil 2 tbsp.
• Garlic 1 clove
• Small potatoes 300 g
• Small tomatoes on vine 1 bunch
• Fresh spinach 300 g
• Courgette strips a few
• Fresh Rosemary few sprigs
• Fresh thyme few sprigs
• Fresh lemon (zest) 1 each
• Chicken jus or stock 400ml
• Place the boneless quail skin down on a plate and season well with salt and white ground pepper.
• Mix the plain yoghurt with the chopped rosemary, chopped thyme, lemon zest, chopped garlic and olive oil.
• Spread the yoghurt mix on the top of the quails and leave to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours.
• Reduce the chicken stock by a third and keep aside.
• Dice the potatoes into 2cm cubes and roast them in a hot oven, season to taste. Then cut the tomatoes into two and roast them too.
• Cook the spinach in advance in a hot pan with a bit of oil, squeeze out the excess of water, season well and make some portions of 50g approx.
• On a hot top grill on the stove, place the quail flat skin down and cook for two minutes, then cover with a tin foil and cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes.
• To dress the plate, place the roasted potatoes and tomato in the middle with the spinach. Place the quail on top of the vegetables and pour some hot chicken jus on top.
• Garnish with some fresh thyme, lemon zest and a few chips of cooked fried courgette strip.
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For information