Easy beany Burgers
We love a good vegan burger and this one tops the taste charts! Primula Perfectly Plant coats the ingredients in a creamy texture for a firm burger than won’t fall apart! Burger night just got even better!
50g pine nuts
Oil for frying
1 large onion
425g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
198g can sweetcorn, drained
2 x 140g Primula Perfectly Plant
85g fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Vegan burger buns
Salad leaves, to serve
1 large tomato, sliced, to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly toast the pine nuts for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from the pan onto a plate and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop half of the onion, then slice the remaining half and put to one side for later. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the frying pan and add the finely chopped onion. Fry gently until soft and just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, empty the kidney beans into a large bowl and mash well with a potato masher or fork. Add the pine nuts, drained sweetcorn and fried onion. Then stir in 4 tablespoons of Primula Perfectly Plant, half of the breadcrumbs and the parsley. Season to taste with black pepper and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and coat the outside of each burger with the remaining breadcrumbs. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and gently fry the remaining sliced onion until it is caramelised and golden. Remove from the pan and keep on one side to serve with the cooked burgers.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in the same frying pan and fry the beany burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
- Serve the beany burgers in buns with salad leaves and a slice of tomato. Top with a generous squeeze of Primula Perfectly Plant and crispy fried onion slices.