BARBECUE BLISS, COME RAIN OR SHINE,
Here are a couple of terrific recipes that will make firing up the barbecue well worth the effort and touch the sweet spot for friends and family whether vegetarian or carnivore. When planning a barbecue, the trick is to get the coals going a good half hour before you start cooking to ensure that they’re just at the right temperature
and retain a constant glow when you pop on the ingredients.
SWEET POTATO BURGER WITH SWEET PEPPER RELISH
Sounds too sweet? Don’t be fooled. If you’re looking for a veggie barbie alternative, the peppers, mustard seeds and chilli in this relish will have your taste buds tingling in two ticks.
3 large sweet potatoes (about 750g)
3tbsp Tracklements Sweet Pepper Relish and extra to serve
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tbsp ground coriander
170g can sweetcorn, drained
small bunch coriander, roughly chopped 100g polenta
Sea salt and black pepper, freshly ground Red onion, sliced
Lettuce, as much or as little as you wish
• Heat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Pierce the sweet potatoes, place on a
baking tray and bake for 45 mins until really soft. Remove from the oven and leave to cool
- Scoop out the “flesh” of the potato and put in a bowl. Add 3 tbsp of Tracklements Sweet Pepper Relish. Mash together with the cumin and ground coriander, sweetcorn, fresh coriander and half of the polenta and season to taste
- Shape the mixture into 10 burgers. The mixture will be quite soft. Carefully dip each one into the remaining polenta and dust off any excess. Place burgers on oiled baking trays and chill for at least 30 mins
- When the flames on the barbecue have died down to white embers, place a large, well-oiled non-stick frying pan or sturdy baking tray on top of the bars. Cook the burgers in the pan or on the tray for 10 mins each side until nicely browned.
- Serve in buns halved and warmed on the barbie just to add a bit of smoky flavour, pop a burger into the bun, top with Tracklements Sweet Pepper Relish, a slice of red onion and lettuce
BARBECUED SIRLOIN STEAK WITH TRACKLEMENTS BRITISH BEER MUSTARD DRESSING
Ever wondered whether it’s actually possible to improve a meal that’s already pretty much perfect? Turns out it is!
Steak is such a barbecue classic. Rather than create a marinade, let the flavour of the steak speak for itself and
instead, quickly prepare this simple sauce to drizzle over the rested meat once it’s cooked. The slight heat of the
steak will enhance the dressing flavour even further. It’s hard to believe that something so good could be so easy
to make. And don’t forget the veggies. Aubergines, peppers, asparagus and cherry tomatoes love the barbie.
Lightly toss in seasoned olive oil and cook until just tender.
2 x sirloin steak
2 tbsp Tracklements British Beer Mustard
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp olive oil
Freshly milled sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Barbecue the steak until it’s cooked to your preference
- Meanwhile mix together the Tracklements British Beer Mustard, honey, oil and seasoning
- When the steak is cooked, slice and drizzle with the dressing
The life and soul of the pantry since 1970, the Tracklements range is still
handmade in the green heart of Wiltshire, abiding to traditional recipes, with an underpinning principle to buy the best quality ingredients sourced locally wherever possible to ensure the products taste as good as, if not better than, homemade. Tracklements believe in business as a force for good,
protecting the environment as they go.
They’re committed to make the most planet-friendly condiments you can buy minimising their environmental footprint through using recyclable packaging, their own water treatment facility, and over 10,000 square feet of solar panels, which enables the company to generate 100% renewable electricity that is also fed into the national grid at weekends through green energy company Good Energy. And they don’t shy away from wonky veg either!
Tracklements Sweet Pepper Relish RRP £3.75 for 220g, and Tracklements British Beer Mustard RRP £2.35 for 140g are available from fine food delis and farm shops nationwide and online at www.tracklements.co.uk.
@tracklements #tastytracklements #LifeandSoulofthePantry