Autumn Fig & Apple Martini
A cocktail to toast Autumn’s arrival…
This cocktail that is naturally sweet. I’m not a fan of overly sugary cocktails.
Figs tend to vary quite a bit in terms of sweetness– some ripe figs are very sweet, while others are only mildly so. You can always add a drop of honey if this is the case. You can make the fig puree ahead, but the cocktail tastes best if stirred and mixed just before serving.
• 1 jigger of pureed black mission figs
• ½ shot of organic apple cider
• 1 jigger of vodka
• Garnished with: black mission fig and a cinnamon swizzle stick
1. Puree the figs to a pulp
2. Add a shot of apple cider to a cocktail shaker along with some ice
3. Then add the vodka
4. Add the puree and shake (don’t forget to strain!)
5. Serve in a martini glass and garnish.