Is it just me or do we all go to festivals but are somehow still horrified by literally everyone’s festival make-up? Like, how could glitter go that wrong?
Which is why this month I have put together my step by step festival make over Guide.
Make-up ideas you could, and should, be working when you’re rocking around a field, sipping on a plastic cup of cider and feeling like world peace really could happen if we all just learnt to love…
1) First, I created a long lasting, flawless base with M·A·C Studio Fix Foundation and Kryolan Camouflage Concealer. I dusted over M·A·C Prep and Prime Pressed powder to ensure the make-up will stay in place all day!
2) I created a soft smokey eye with M·A·C Paint Pot in Painterly and the Louise Young Essential Eye Palette. I finished the look with Loreal Voluminous Mascara for huge volumised lashes.
3) Lips were finished in a bright pink colour (LPC25) from the Kryolan Lip Rouge Palette. I then applied a small amount of Barry M Fine Pink Glitter Dust to add a touch of sparkle.
4) Using a turquoise eye shadow (KIKO – Sparkling Green) apply this around the eyes to make the eyes pop. I then layered Dust and Dance Mermaid Mix Chunky Glitter, glitter is a make-up must have to complete your festival look! Then highlight the brow bone, down the nose and the cupids bow (top of the lip) using Louise Young Highlighter
5) Finally, your festival make-up wouldn’t be complete without jewels!! Purchase some jewels from a craft shop and just experiment, fix the gems in place using Dust and Dance Cosmetic Glue.