Ingredients for 4 servings
• Rump of lamb 4 pieces of 150g
• Spinach 300g
• Orzo pasta 500g
• Potatoes 450g
• Broad beans 200g
• Garlic 1 clove
• Double cream 100ml
• Raspberry vinegar 1 tsp
• Olive oil 1 tbsp
• Unsalted butter 50g
• Shiso green 1 punnet
• Table salt
• White ground pepper
• Fried leeks to garnish
• Cook the Orzo pasta in 1 litre of boiling, salty water for 3 minutes, then strain and refresh with icy water and reserve. Cook the Broad beans the same way and reserve.
• Peel and dice the potatoes into cubes of 1cm and chop the clove of garlic finely.
• Season the rump of lamb well and sear in a hot pan with a little bit of butter and a drizzle of olive oil.
• Remove the meat from the pan and place it in a roasting tray to cook in a hot oven for 15 minutes at 220C. While the rump is cooking, wash, cook and season the spinach leaves in the same pan then add a drizzle of olive oil.
• Once cooked, remove the spinach and add a bit more oil into the pan, shallow fry gently the potatoes for 5 to 7 minutes. Then remove the potatoes, discard the excess of oil from the pan and pour the double cream to reduce by half.
• Remove the meat from the oven on leave to rest for 5 minutes. While the meat is resting, reheat the Orzo pasta, the broad beans and the potatoes altogether in a saucepan and mix in the chopped garlic and season to taste.
• Slice the meat and arrange the plate as shown on the picture, pour the reduced cream around and add a drizzle of raspberry vinegar. Garnish with fried leeks and Shiso green or salad leaves and serve immediately.
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For more information or to hire Franck see www.franckpontais.com.