Served with mascarpone cream and crispy kale…
To make 6 quail legs to serve as a canapés or a starter…
•Quail legs 6 each
•Acacia Honey – 1 tablespoon
•Mascarpone cream – 2 table spoon
•Butternut squash – 6 peelings
•Parsley oil – 1 tsp.
•Olive oil – 1 tsp.
•Salad cress – few leaves
•Kale – few leaves
•Table salt – 2 pinches
•Ground white pepper – 1 pinch
• Get the quail legs from your butcher and ask him to remove the first bone of each leg, leaving only the “end bone“.
• Dry off the kale in a very slow oven at 80C for at least one hour, or fry in vegetable oil if you prefer them that way.
• Marinade the Quail legs for one hour with the honey, olive oil and seasoning.
• Make some “peelings“ of butternut squash (or carrot or parsnip) and roast then in a hot oven, reserve aside.
• Mix the Mascarpone cream with one teaspoon of parsley oil and season to taste.
• Cook the quail legs in a hot oven at 190C for 8 to 10 minutes.
• Serve the hot quail legs on the butternut squash peelings with mascarpone cream, parsley oil, and salad cress to garnish.
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For more information or to hire Franck see www.franckpontais.com.