Potatoes Baker’s Style…
Cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
• 4 tbsp. Butter
• 2 large Onions, chopped
• 2 lbs. Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp. Herbes de Provence or Italian Seasoning
• 2 cups Beef Broth, heated (Canned or made with bouillon cubes)
• Salt and Pepper, to taste.
• Heat oven to 425 degrees, then heat 2 tbsp. of butter in a pan, add onions and gently cook for 5-10 minutes.
Note: (DO NOT BROWN) Butter a casserole dish.
• Layer the raw, sliced potatoes, cooked onions, herbes de Provence (or Italian seasoning), and salt and pepper.
• Pour the beef broth over the dish.
• The broth should cover the potatoes up to 2/3 of the dish.
• Dot with remaining butter.
• Cook uncovered for 50-60 minutes in the oven. The potatoes are cooked when a knife can be inserted easily and almost all the liquid is absorbed.
Note: A variation of this recipe is to sprinkle a cup of shredded Swiss Cheese over the potatoes for the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For more information or to hire Franck see www.franckpontais.com.