A Classic French Snail Recipe…
Try something different this February – perfect for couples this Valentine’s Day!
• Large snails 1 can
• Snails shells 4 Dozen
• Salted Butter 400g
• Chopped Parsley 3 tablespoons
• Bread crumbles 30g
• Garlic cloves 4 each
• Table salt 2 pinch
• White ground pepper 1 pinch
• Finely chop the garlic and parsley.
• Combine the butter; parsley, garlic and salt, then “seal” the shell with butter mixture.
• Rinse snails, drain them and place a snail in each Snail shell. Add a snail.
• Fill the remaining space with garlic butter mix
• Place shells in escargot pan.
• Sprinkle shells lightly with breadcrumbs and bake in a preheat oven at 200C for 10 minutes.
• Serve immediately with fresh French bread (to soak up the butter).
• This may be prepared several hours in advance, before heating. Cover lightly with plastic wrap; place in refrigerator.
You can buy online the can of snails, snails Shells, and Escargot pan. They can be found on www.confitdirect.co.uk