Makes 6 portions…
Ingredients for the “Fraisier”
• English Strawberries 300 g
• Madeira cake 80 g
• Water 50 ml
• Caster sugar 30 g
• Gelatin leaf 4 each
• Mascarpone 80 g
• Egg white 2 each
Ingredients for the set coulis on top
• English Strawberries 80 g
• Water 40 ml
• Caster sugar 30 g
• Gelatin leaf 1 each
Method for the “Fraisier”
• Cut to size the Madeira cake and place each slices at the bottom of the rings.
• Using 170g of fruit, place four slices of strawberries inside and around each ring.
• Soak 4 gelatin leaves in cold water and cut 130g of strawberries into quarters, place them into a pan with 50ml of water and 30g of caster sugar, bring to simmer for 2 minutes.
• Squeeze the gelatin leaf to remove the excess of water and add to the pan, Blitz the mix with a hand blender and transfer into a bowl to cool down for 10 minutes.
• Put 80g of Mascarpone (a big full table spoon) in a bowl and pour slowly the strawberry mix on top, whisk continuously to avoid lumps. Reserve.
• Beat to egg whites until you obtain a soft pick consistency and fold gently into the strawberry mix. Pour the mix into each ring to just bellow 3mm from the top of the ring. Let set in the fridge for one hour.
Method for the set coulis on top
• Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water.
• Cut 80g of strawberries into quarters and place in a pan with the 40ml of water and 30g of caster sugar. Bring to simmer for 1 minute, add the gelatin leaf and blitz with a hand blender.
• Let this cool down for 15 minutes and pour the coulis using a spoon on each “ Fraisier”. Let set for another hour, Remove each little cake from its mold and garnish with chocolate shard or chocolate biscuit and little lemon and strawberries sweet sherbet.
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For more information or to hire Franck see www.franckpontais.com.