French onion soup
To serve 4/5
• Large onions 6 each
• Unsalted butter 50g
• Plain flour 1 tbsp.
• Brown chicken stock 1 lit
• Baguette bread 1 each
• Gruyere cheese 150g
• Chive 1 bunch
• Scarlet cress 1 punet
• Salt and pepper
• Slice the onions finely.
• Using a heavy pan, cook the onions on a medium heat in butter until golden brown.
• Bring the chicken stock to simmer in a saucepan and leave aside.
• Add the flour to the onions and stir for about
• Add the brown chicken stock to the onion mix and cook covered for 25 minutes.
• While the soup is cooking, slice the bread baguette and dispose the slices on a baking tray.
• Toast the bread both sides until the hot oven grill (or use a toaster)
• Grate the Gruyere cheese and arrange on top of the toasted slices of baguette bread.
• Once the soup is cooked, season with the salt and pepper and pour into bowl.
• Melt the cheese under the grill and serve the hot bread with some chive and scarlet cress.
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For more information or to hire Franck seewww.franckpontais.com.