A quick and easy midweek dinner. This chicken arrabbiata recipe will bring a slice of Italy into your home.
• 4 free-range British skinless and boneless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
• 1 large red chilli, finely sliced
• 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
• 400g fresh cherry tomatoes
• 120g pitted black olives, halved
• 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
• ½ small bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
1. Put each chicken breast between 2 pieces of baking paper and flatten to 1cm thick with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan, then fry the garlic and chilli for 2 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and the cherry tomatoes are beginning to break down. Add the olives, capers and basil with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir.
3. While the sauce is cooking, heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Lightly brush the chicken all over with the remaining oil and season well, then griddle for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked. Rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken, then serve with steamed spinach and boiled new potatoes, if you like.
Check out Team Bounce’s effort below!