“Clafoutis aux Cerises”
Ingredients for 6 people
• Plain Flour – 125g
• Vegetable oil – 1 tsp.
• Medium eggs – 4
• Caster sugar – 75g
• Fresh pitted cherries – 500g
• Salted butter – 35g
• Almond Essence – 1/2 tsp.
• Whole milk – 250 ml
• Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp.
• Place the milk in a pan and heat gently until fairly warm.
• In a bowl, using a whisk, mix the caster sugar, cinnamon, the eggs and almond essence.
• Add the plain flour and the oil to the eggs mixture and then stir with a wooden spoon, slowly adding the warm milk.
• Place the fresh-pitted cherries in a large flan or tart dish, generously buttered.
• Gently pour the mixture over the cherries and bake in an oven at 180C for 30 to 40 minutes.
• Once cooked, sprinkle the Clafoutis with caster sugar and enjoy warm.
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For more information or to hire Franck see www.franckpontais.com.