Served hot in a shot glass with a flambé of cognac…
Mise en bouche for 10 people.
• Black pudding 450g
• Pink lady Apples 2 each
• Unsalted butter 10g
• Brandy/cognac 2 tbsp
• Salt and pepper to season.
• Oil for frying
• Buy the most common black pudding, (not the big diameter), and make 10 slices of 2mm of thickness. Deep fry the slices and let them cool down on a tissue paper.
• Cut the rest of the black pudding into 1cm cubes.
•Peel and score the apples, reserve 10 wedges on the side and cut the rest into cubes also.
• In a hot pan, melt the butter and pour and the sear the apples first including the wedges for 2 minutes, add the cubes of black pudding into the pan also and carry on cooking for another 2 minutes.
• Pour the Cognac into the pan and flambé then (be aware of your eyebrows!) Season to taste and arrange in small shot glasses.
• Garnish with the apples wedges and the fried slice of black pudding. Serve hot and enjoy!
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For more information or to hire Franck see www.franckpontais.com.