Pears are now coming in season and the temperature as dropped down a little. Why not eat them hot with a caramel sauce? Cold weather and comfort food is a match made in heaven.
Ingredients for 4 people
• Williams or Conference Pears – 4 each
• Unsalted butter – 60g
• Caster sugar – 100g
• Flaked almond – 20g
• Water – 200ml
• Make a cut along the side of each pear in order to remove a little “wedge”
• Soften the butter until it becomes a paste and brush each fruit all over, roll each pear into the caster sugar and place in a baking tray.
• Add a little piece of butter on top of each fruit and fill the tray with the water.
• Bake in a hot oven at 200c for approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
• Toast the flaked almonds quickly in a pan.
• Arrange the pears on a plate, pour the cooking jus on top of the fruits, now a caramel sauce. Add the flaked almonds and enjoy when still hot.
Et Voila! Simple and effective, if you want to be naughty, add a ball of Vanilla bourbon ice cream with it, delicious.
For over twenty years, Franck Pontais has been creating the finest gastronomic experiences for celebrities, large corporations and small groups of friends and family. For information